The Detroit Institute of Arts offers discounted general admission for groups of 15 or more, and we are happy to customize your experience so that your visit is exactly what you are looking for. Groups from Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb counties receive free general admission, but please reserve your visit in advance to ensure we are ready to greet you upon arrival.
Please note that the DIA Contemporary galleries will be closed for a reinstallation that will affect some tours for the next two years.
PreK - 12 Field Trips / Youth Groups
We provide free field trips and free bus transportation to schools in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties. Schools in other locations have a discounted admission fee of $5.
Apply for a field trip
Senior Visits at the Museum
The DIA welcomes adults 55 and older for a self-guided visit of our collections. Groups of 25 or more in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties can receive free bus transportation.
Apply for a Senior visit
Group Visit Guidelines
- Any change in group size or cancellation must be made two weeks prior to the arranged date.
- Deposits and room fees are non-refundable charges.
- All food service packages require a final guaranteed guest count five business days prior to the day of the event. Client will be charged for the final guarantee or actual attendance, whichever is greater. Once a payment has been made, all sales are final and payments are not transferable.
- On the day of your visit only: if you need to call due to lateness, contact Visitor Services at 313-833-7916 if there is no answer at the Group Sales office.
- Group leader must check in at the Group Check-In Desk located at the entrance on John R Street. Please bring your confirmation letter with you upon arrival.
If you have any questions, contact Group Reservations at (313) 833-1292 or by fax at (313) 833-1543.