The Detroit Institute of Arts offers discounted general admission for groups of 15 or more, and we are happy to customize your experience so that your visit is exactly what you are looking for. Groups from Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb counties receive free general admission, but please reserve your visit in advance to ensure we are ready to greet you upon arrival.
Please note that the DIA Contemporary galleries will be closed for a reinstallation that will affect some tours for the next two years.
PreK - 12 Field Trips / Youth Groups
We provide free field trips and free bus transportation to schools in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties. Schools in other locations have a discounted admission fee of $5.
Apply for a field trip
We're happy to welcome your college or university class or group on a self-guided visit.
Apply for a College/University Group Tour
Senior Visits at the Museum
The DIA welcomes adults 55 and older for a guided tour or self-guided visit of our collections. Groups of 25 or more in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties can receive free bus transportation.
Apply for a Senior visit
GooseChase | Self-Guided Scavenger Hunt
Tour the museum and discover new works with our app-based scavenger hunts through the GooseChase app. Connect to the free museum WIFI and enter the codes below for our three theme-based hunts.
- Religious Themes in Art - 27KB3J
- Art of the Suffragettes - DD4914
- African American Art - 6766BP
Other Adult Groups
Want to bring your family reunion, corporate staff or other adult groups for a visit to the DIA? We’d love to have you!
Apply for a Group Visit
Group Visit Guidelines
- Any change in group size or cancellation must be made two weeks prior to the arranged date.
- On the day of your visit only: if you need to call due to lateness, contact Visitor Services at 313-833-7916 if there is no answer at the Group Sales office.
- Group leader must check in at the Group Check-In Desk located at the entrance on John R Street. Please bring your confirmation letter with you upon arrival.
If you have any questions, contact Group Reservations at (313) 833-1292 or by fax at (313) 833-1543.