Additional Admission Information
|Children (5 and under)||Free|
General admission is always free for members and residents of Macomb, Oakland and Wayne counties.
|Tuesday–Thursday||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Friday||9 a.m. – 9 p.m.|
|Saturday-Sunday||10 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
*Exhibition times may vary. The museum is closed on New Year's Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
In August 2012, voters in Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb counties approved a 0.2 millage (property tax) to fund the Detroit Institute of Arts. The DIA entered into service agreements with each county’s Art Institute Authority to provide these benefits to county residents:
- Free unlimited general museum admission
- Free school field trips with free bus transportation
- Free group visits for seniors and free bus transportation
- Expanded teacher professional development with school systems
- Expanded community partnerships