Additional Admission Information
|Children (5 and under)||Free|
General admission is always free for members and residents of Macomb, Oakland and Wayne counties.
|Tuesday–Thursday||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Friday||9 a.m. – 9 p.m.|
|Saturday–Sunday||10 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
The museum is closed on New Year's Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
In August 2012, voters in Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb counties approved a 0.2 millage (property tax) to fund the Detroit Institute of Arts. The DIA entered into service agreements with each county’s Art Institute Authority to provide these benefits to county residents:
- Free unlimited general museum admission
- Free school field trips with free bus transportation
- Free group visits for seniors and free bus transportation
- Expanded teacher professional development with school systems
- Expanded community partnerships