ca. 1738, probably commissioned by Jaime de Mello, 3rd Duke of Cadaval, or by Louis of Lorraine, prince de Lambesc
May 1739, Henriette-Julie-Gabrielle de Lorraine, Duchesse de Cadaval [1724-1761]
by descent to the family of the Dukes of Cadaval (Lisbon, Portugal)
1931, sold by 9th Duke of Cadaval
1931, acquired by (Jacques Helft, Paris, France)
1952, Elizabeth and Harvey Firestone, Jr.
1953-present, purchase by the Detroit Institute of Arts (Detroit, Michigan, USA)