Complimentary admissions to any regularly scheduled DFT film based on membership level. Members also enjoy Invitations to guest lectures and special film premieres, advance notice of special events, and first-class mailings of seasonal brochures.
- Supporting (3 tickets) $50/year
- Sustaining (6 tickets) $100/year
- Patron (10 tickets) $250/year
- Donor (12 tickets) $500/year
- Benefactor (One year pass) $1000/year
- Major Benefactor (One year pass for two) $2000/year
In order to be eligible for membership in FDFT, you must be a member of The Detroit Institute of Arts.
- Jennifer Callans, President
- Elizabeth Tintinalli, Vice-President
- Nina Barlow Glover, Treasurer
- Erica McKinnon, Secretary
- Juanita Anderson
- Ashley Davidson
- Christine Klein
- Dave Serio
- Kevin Walsh
- Matt Bucher
- Connie Calhoun
- Sue Marx
- Karen McDevitt
- Dennis Moore
- Kevin Payne
- Lawrence Baranski, Public Programming Director
- Elliot Wilhelm, Curator of Film
- Matthew Breneau, Public Programs Coordinator
- Cate Lauerman, Program Operations Manager
- Ellen Kulie, DFT House Manager
In 2006 the DFT began the renovation of our seating by combining the best of two worlds: luxurious, state-of-the-art seats fabricated with fabrics matching the 1927 upholstery, selected with durability and comfort in mind. Hundreds of DFT-goers have already chosen to support this project by purchasing a seat dedication. Great seats are still available—as a gift or as a show of support for the DFT—for tax-deductible contributions starting at $500.
For information on how you can Take Your Seats, call 313.833.4686 or email [email protected].
Detroit Film Theatre volunteer ushers welcome and assist patrons in the DIA auditorium. They give directions, answer questions and seat patrons. The Detroit Film Theatre operates on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday evenings. We particularly need volunteers to fill the late shows and both shows on Saturday.
- On the job training
- Introduction and tour of the auditorium
- Volunteer Orientation
At least one show per month (approximately 3 hours)
Contact our Volunteer Council at [email protected] or call 313.494.5221